Egg Veggie Potato Bake
6-8 servings, 10 min prep, 30 min cook
Recently I’ve started meal prepping our breakfasts so that it’s easy for us to grab breakfast in the morning and go. While I do still like making fresh breakfast some days of the week and especially on the weekend this has made mornings go so much smoother. Today I’m going to share my most recent Egg Veggie Potato Bake recipe. I’ve made different variations of this recipe for the past few weeks and it always turns out well.
1 cup (105g) Asparagus, chopped
1 cup (86g) Broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup (65g) Onion, chopped
225g Potato, thinly sliced
2-3 handfuls Spinach, roughly chopped
8 egg whites
Optional – Spices
Egg Veggie Potato Bake Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Wash and chop the asparagus, broccoli, and onion and add to medium bowl
- Wash and peel (if desired) potatoes
- Microwave potatoes for 1-2 minutes to soften (optional)
- Slice potatoes thinly
- Grease the bottom & sides of 8 X 11 glass pan (or other oven safe dish) with olive oil spray
- Place the potatoes along the bottom and sides of the pan
- Add in the chopped vegetables
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs & egg whites together (add desired spices)
- Poor egg mixture over the vegetables, making sure all vegetables are covered with eggs
- Bake for 30 mins or until eggs are completely cooked
Feel free to add in different vegetables or leave out any of the vegetables above that you don’t like. I usually eat mine with 1-2 slices of Ezekiel bread. You can also add cheese if you so desire but this might increase the cooking time. Once cooled we keep it in the fridge for 4 days because that’s how long it takes us to eat it all. To warm up I put a piece in the microwave for 30-45 seconds (depending on if I’m using my microwave at home or the one at work). I haven’t tried freezing it yet so I’m not sure how that would turn out.
Hope you enjoy the recipe. If you try the recipe, post it on Instagram, tag me in it (@GreenTeaAndTulips), and let me know how you like it.
Until next time!